Porridge with Blueberries & Chia Jam
A tasty breakfast porridge that is packed with goodness from the seeds and fruit.
- 45g (1.5 oz) rolled oats
- Pinch of salt
- 240ml (8 fl oz) water
- 240ml (8 fl oz) soya milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp hemp seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chia jam (see recipe)
- Simmer the oats, water, salt and milk for around 3 minutes
- Add the maple syrup, chia and blueberries when the oats are nearly done to avoid over-cooking the berries.
- Top with hemp seeds, coconut yoghurt and chia jam.
Vegan Life tip
• 125g (4.4 oz) raspberries
• 130g (4.5 oz) chia seeds
• ½ large lemon, juiced
• 4 tbsp maple syrup
• 120ml (4 fl oz) water
1 Purée the raspberries in a blender, just
enough to form a sauce.
2 Combine with the rest of the ingredients
in a bowl or jug. Leave overnight for the
chia to soak up all the liquid and form jam.
3 Refrigerate and enjoy over a couple