There are no tricks, here! Only sweet and savoury treats for children and adults alike. Whether you’re hosting a party or having a chilled night in, get in this spirit of Halloween with these frighteningly delicious eats.
- 210g (7.4 oz) light brown sugar
- 1¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 300g (10.5 oz) pumpkin purée
- 6 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 120ml (4 fl oz) plant milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 260g (9.1 oz) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp egg-replacer (such as The Plant Based Egg egg-replacer)
- ½ tsp salt
- Cinnamon-sugar for coating
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4
- For the pumpkin batter, combine light brown sugar with the spices and whisk to distribute evenly, then add the pumpkin, oil, plant milk and the vanilla extract and whisk smooth.
- Next sift together the flour with baking soda, egg replacer and the salt and add it to the sugar/pumpkin mixture in the bowl. Whisk smooth.
- Pour into a greased standard loaf pan (9\" x 5\").
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or when a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 6 Cool the bread in the pan until you can safely touch it with your hands, then unmould it and coat it with cinnamon sugar.
- Cool the rest of the way on a rack.