Pumpkin & Oat Spider Truffles
The perfect addition to your Halloween party this year. With the creamy pumpkin and cashew butter, they will definitely be a hit!
For the truffles:
- 100g (3.5 oz) oats
- 150g (5.3 oz) pitted dates
- 60g (2.1 oz) pumpkin purée
- 50g (1.7 oz) cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 20g (0.7 oz) coconut flour
- A pinch of salt
For the coating:
- 200g (7 oz) chocolate, melted
- 30g (1 oz) icing sugar
- Edible googly eyes
- Add the oats to a blender and blitz to flour. Soak the dates in boiling water to soften them and drain.
- Place the dates in a food processor with the pumpkin purée, cashew butter and vanilla essence and blend until really jammy. Now add in the blitzed oats, cinnamon, mixed spice, coconut flour and salt and blend to a smooth and sticky dough
- Divide the mix into 16 pieces and roll into balls. Place on a lined tray and into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up
- Melt the chocolate and prepare the icing sugar glaze by stirring together the icing sugar with 1 tsp of water until thick.
- Dip each truffle into the chocolate and place back on the tray. Spoon over some of the icing sugar on top and drag through with a toothpick to create a spider’s web. Add on the googly eyes and allow to set in the fridge for 10 minutes or until the chocolate has set.