Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
This sweet and savoury vegan pumpkin sauce is perfect for an easy dinner and great for a delicious meal prep recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (425g/15 oz) pumpkin purée
- 240ml (8 fl oz) vegetable broth
- 120ml (4 fl oz) water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground sage
- Pasta of choice
- Combine the olive oil, onion, and garlic in a large pan over medium heat. Cook for several minutes until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Begin to cook your pasta following package instructions.
- Add your remaining ingredients (except the pasta) and mix together. Continue to cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender or let cool slightly and use a blender. If you use a classic blender, be sure to slightly vent the top!
- Pour a good amount of sauce over your cooked pasta and serve right away.