Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix
This pumpkin spice trail mix is loaded with a variety of nuts, dried fruit and a pumpkin spice flavour. Snack by the handful or use as a topping for yoghurt.
- 130g (4.5 oz) raw whole almonds
- 90g (3.1 oz) rolled oats
- 125g (4.4 oz) raw pecan halves
- 120g (4.2 oz) raw pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 115g (4 oz) raw walnut halves
- 55g (1.9 oz) canned pumpkin purée, or homemade
- 2 tbsp all-natural apple juice or apple cider
- 45g (1.5 oz) coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 85g (3 oz) dried cranberries
- 105g (3.7 oz) raisins
- Preheat oven to 120°C/250°F/Gas ½
- Place almonds, oats, pecans, pepitas and walnuts in large bowl.
- Mix together pumpkin purée and apple juice; pour over nut mixture and toss until nuts are evenly coated. Sprinkle mixture with coconut sugar, cinnamon, paprika, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Toss to coat well. Spread trail mix evenly on a baking sheet. You can use a parchment lined sheet for easy clean up
- Bake 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway through cook time. Cool completely. Stir in cranberries and raisins. Store in airtight container. Will keep at room temperature for up to 1 week, up to a month in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.