This raw lasagne is quick and easy and tastes great
- 2 beef tomatoes
- 2 courgettes
- Wild garlic pesto (optional)
For the raw cashew sauce:
- 75g (2.6oz) raw cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Juice ½ lemon
- 70g (2.4oz) blanched almonds
- 1 tsp white miso (optional)
For the walnut ‘mince’:
- 100g (3.5oz) walnuts
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Pinch dried mixed Italian herbs (optional)
- Place all the ingredients for the cashew cream in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and set aside
- Pulse the ingredients for the walnut mince in a food processer and pulse until a fine mince is formed.
- Slice the beef tomatoes and courgette and layer the tomatoes, walnut mince, courgettes and sauce alternately. If using the pesto, spread a thin layer under each layer of cashew sauce.
Recipe by Vegan Life in-house chefs.