This raw pho is a simple broth packed with flavour, with plenty of umami in the broth and freshness from the vegetables.
- 720ml (3 cups) warm water
- 30g (1oz) dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp Chinese-5-spice
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, puréed
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 200g (7oz) sugar snaps
- 2 courgettes, spiralised
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- To begin, add the warm water, mushrooms, grated ginger, Chinese-5-spice, red chilli, garlic and soy sauce to a bowl and mix well, leave to infuse for 2-3 hours until the mushrooms are fully hydrated, and the broth is flavourful.
- Remove the mushrooms from the broth and slice them finely. To a bowl, add the spiralised courgette, sugar snaps, red pepper, spring onions and shitake mushrooms, and pour over the broth.
Recipe by Vegan Life in-house chefs.