Savoury Olive Oil Crackers
These easy-to-make crackers would be the perfect base for houmous or tapenade, as well as for your cheeseboard. They are seasoned with salt and rosemary at the end, but you could use any of your favourite spices or seasonings or leave them plain.
Makes 50 - 60
- 310g (10.9 oz) plain flour
- 140ml (4.7 fl oz) olive oil — partially frozen
- 30g (1 oz) nutritional yeast
- 220ml (7.4 fl oz) iced water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Additional olive oil, salt and finely diced rosemary
- Put all ingredients except water in the food processor. Process all ingredients into a biscuity crumb.
- Add water a third at a time until the biscuit dough comes together in a ball. Take out of the food processor and lightly knead.
- Cut into 4 balls, wrap in cling film, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 and prepare two trays with baking paper.
- Roll out one dough ball at a time, making sure the dough is at least 4mm thick. Cut out your favourite shapes using a round biscuit cutter.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes. While still hot, lightly brush with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt and the diced rosemary.
- When cool, keep in an air-tight container.