Spiced Pineapple Salad
This spicy pineapple salad is a tasty, refreshing and filling dish that pairs perfectly with vegan mayo or yoghurt. Feel free to adjust the spice as you like it.
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 corn cob, kernels cut from core (or 165g/6 oz tinned corn)
- 2 romaine lettuce heads (or other lettuce)
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- Heat a griddle pan (ribbed skillet) over a high heat.
- Cut the pineapple fruit away from the core in long rectangle chunks and place them on a plate or tray.
- Sprinkle the paprika and salt onto the pineapple and massage it all over before placing the chunks onto the hot pan. Griddle for a few minutes on each side, until charred. Sprinkle the corn into the pan and allow to slightly char. They will start to catch and darken on the outer edges.
- Roughly chop the heads of romaine lettuce and divide between two large bowls. Sprinkle over the finely chopped chilli and griddled corn, then place the charred pineapple on top
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce or a creamy salad sauce.
Recipe from What Vegans Eat: Easy Vegan by Brett Cobley, with
photography by Howard Shooter (HarperCollins, £14.99).