Vanilla Cinnamon Porridge
- 50g (1.7 oz) porridge (fine) oats
- 240ml (8 fl oz) water
- 1 Medjool date, pitted and chopped
- Pinch of good quality salt
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 120ml (4 fl oz) plant milk of choice
- Add all ingredients, besides the milk, to a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for a couple of minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir frequently.
- Add the milk and mix it into the porridge. Continue cooking until desired consistency (usually about 2-3 minutes).
- Transfer to a bowl and serve warm with toppings of choice.