The chickpea flour, bell peppers, broccoli and even the sweet potatoes come together in this tart to give you an iron boosting lunch.
- Filo pastry (make sure it is vegan)
For the vegetable filling:
- 2 onions
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 small, sweet potatoes
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Bunch of fresh dill leaves and stems, finely chopped
- ½ chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 400g (14.1 oz) broccoli (fresh or frozen, roughly 1 broccoli)
For the chickpea filling:
- 460ml water (15.5 fl oz) water
- 280g (9.8 oz) chickpea/gram flour
- Splash of olive oil
- 1 tsp Nigella seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Dill stems
- Preheat your oven to 175°C/350°F/Gas 3
- Start by lining your tart case with filo pastry, brushing sides and the middle with olive oil
- Roast the onions, bell pepper and sweet potatoes with a little salt and pepper. Do not roast them completely as they are going to be cooked in the oven later.
- Once done, add the chopped garlic, dill and chilli pepper, mix, and leave to cool down.
- Meanwhile, blanche the broccoli by plunging into boiling water and briefly cooking it for a few minutes, then plunge into icy water, drain the water and leave to cool.
- Blend all the chickpea ingredients together until smooth.
- Fill the lined filo tart with broccoli and vegetables mix and pour over the chickpea mix.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
Recipe by Kris Kazlauskaite, Pastry Chef @kristinakkz,