Vegan Toad In The Hole
Vegan Toad In The Hole. Made with a few simple ingredients, this vegan toad in the hole is the lunch of dreams! It’s warming, filling and oh-so-tasty
- 60ml (2 fl oz) CRACKD The No-Egg Egg
- 130ml (4.4 fl oz) vegan milk
- 130ml (4.4 fl oz) water
- 125g (4.4 oz) plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp ground salt and pepper
- Vegetable fat or oil
- 6 plant-based sausages
- Preheat oven to 240°C/465°F/Gas 8.
- In a bowl whisk CRACKD The No-Egg Egg and vegan milk and water until frothy.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cream of tartar into the liquid. Add the salt and whisk until smooth.
- Put 3ml of the vegetable fat or oil into 2 round shallow baking dishes (8-inch) with the sausages divided between the two trays.
- Place in the oven and leave for 3 minutes to get smoking hot.
- Pour the batter into the trays until almost level with the tops of the sausages.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- For a crispier Yorkshire, turn the oven down to 180°C /355°F/Gas 4. Brush the tops with a little oil and return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with lashings of vegan gravy.