Just because you’ve gone vegan, doesn’t mean you have to forgo the roast dinner staple that is the Yorkshire pudding. Crackd’s version uses their innovative Crackd The No-Egg Egg product to make tasty and nutritious Yorkies that will make you forget all about the egg version.
Makes 6-8 puddings
- 60ml (2fl oz) Crackd The No-Egg Egg
- 130ml (4.3fl oz) vegan milk
- 130ml (4.3fl oz) water
- 125g (4.4oz) plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Vegetable fat or oil
- Preheat oven to 240°C/460°F/Gas 9.
- In a bowl, whisk Crackd The No-Egg Egg and vegan milk and water until frothy.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and cream of tartar into the liquid. Add the salt and whisk until smooth
- Put 3ml of the vegetable fat or oil into 6 muffin tins, place in the oven and leave for 5 minutes to get smoking hot.
- Pour the batter into the muffin moulds until slightly under the top of the mould.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove and push down the centres with a spoon, return to the oven for 10 more minutes.