The crispy plant-based and gluten-free schnitzels from LikeMeat is further proof (if we needed any!) that vegan food tastes just as good – if not even better – than their meat equivalent. Like Schnitzel is full of juicy flavours, and made without flavour enhancers, preservatives or gluten.
Vegan Schnitzel with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 1 packet LikeMeat Like Schnitzel (180 g)
For the sauce
- 150g brown mushrooms, washed & sliced
- 1 tbsp dairy-free spread
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 150 ml soya cream
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tsp parsley, finely chopped
- A little vegetable oil, for frying
- Start by melting the butter in a non-stick pan. Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and allow for them to cook for 5 minutes on medium/high heat until the majority of the liquid has evaporated, then add in the finely diced onions and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste and deglaze the pan with the vegetable stock. Pour in the dairy-free cream & soy sauce and bring to a simmer. Allow to cook for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and your desired consistency is reached.
- In the meantime pan-fry your LikeMeat Like Schnitzel in a little oil, boil your peeled potatoes and steam your vegetables.
- Once your sauce is ready, serve the Schnitzel topped with the creamy mushroom sauce alongside the potatoes and your favourite vegetables.