This veggie lasagne is perfect for the Summer months and also the perfect way to whip up throughout National Vegetarian Week
- 500g mushrooms
- 2 courgettes
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 320g cherry tomatoes, halved
- A few sprigs of parsley
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Mixed dried herbs
- 50g of flour
- 750ml of Alpro Soya Unsweetened
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 12 dried lasagne sheets
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Start by slicing the mushrooms, courgettes, shallots and garlic. Sauté the finely chopped shallots, crushed garlic and sliced mushrooms in 1 tbsp of olive oil. After 5 minutes, add the sliced courgette, halved cherry tomatoes and the chopped parsley and allow to cook for 3 minutes. Season with freshly ground pepper, salt and the mix of dried herbs.
- For the béchamel sauce, heat the rest of the olive oil in a saucepan and sprinkle in the flour while stirring continuously until the mixture becomes smooth. Let it cool and then gradually pour in the Alpro Soya Unsweetened. Stir and bring to a simmer. Allow it to simmer until the desired thickness is achieved. Season with freshly ground pepper, salt and nutmeg.
- Cover a greased baking dish with a layer of lasagne sheets. Create the lasagne by alternating the lasagne sheets, vegetable mixture and béchamel sauce. Repeat until the baking dish is full and finish with a layer of béchamel sauce.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle over the mixed herbs and serve. A delicious dish that will certainly impress your friends.
Recipe and Images Courtesy of Alpro